02 WRX check engine light on/blinking?! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Based on all information given what do YOU think is causing the misfire(s)??

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spark Plug (Bad/Improper gap)

8 33.33%
  • Coil Pack (Bad/Replace)

4 16.67%
  • Injector (Faulty/Fuel pressure bad)

6 25.00%
  • Vacuum Leak

3 12.50%
  • Compression (Bad/low compression)

1 4.17%
  • Valve Issue (Poor seating/bad condition/Leakdown Test)

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 WRX check engine light on/blinking?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; !!!ALERT ALERT!!! POLL Answer Below Don't Read If You Want To Guess/Answer the Issue First! Well I got good news ...

!!!ALERT ALERT!!! POLL Answer Below Don't Read If You Want To Guess/Answer the Issue First!

Well I got good news for you guys! I got tired of the dealer I bought the car from giving me the run around and their mechanic leaving for the day early as hell which cracks me up because they talk about how they have all this other work the mechanic has to do before they could fix my car but he bounces 2 Fridays in a row by 12:00pm with family emergency's.. After the 3rd appointment and dropping my car off to them for 6 hours and then getting a call to come pick her up to find the cars still screwed up, that the mechanic had to leave again early and that they cant get to it now till next week was the VERY LAST straw!! So with the help of this awesome community and 1 or 2 youtube videos I took out the old plugs and installed the new ones all by myself!! Haha I kno guys don't attack me to hard but it was my first time doing anything to my WRX and im walking/feeling pretty tall today about it lol Anyway now for the useful info lol, After taking the old plugs out I decided to check their gaps and of course they were off but OH MY GOD were they off! Each plug was at .050+!! So I was happy to find that of course being a easy fix.. So then I popped out my new "NGK Iridium IX" Spark Plugs and checked their gapps before I put them in and they were all pregapped at around .030 so little big difference from what was just in there.. After putting them in I put the car all back together and then came the moment of truth... She fired right up real nice! Very clean start and was idling great I think even a little better then before.. So I took her out to a nice long straight road and then came the real test and she ran beautifully! No more misfire(s) and of course ran much smoother!! So I would think its safe to say problem solved!

Thanks again guys for all your information and support I'm kinda glad in a way now this happened because now I'm a member of a great community and I would not have found this place or even been looking for it so everything worked out for the better!
    Last edited by Clarkiss; 03-11-2014 at 04:38 AM. Reason: spoiler alert for poll question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12