Horizontal headlight adjustment

This is a discussion on Horizontal headlight adjustment within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got an 08' wrx and the driver side headlight is pointed to right side. Ikw there's vertical adjustments. Any ...

Horizontal headlight adjustment

I've got an 08' wrx and the driver side headlight is pointed to right side. Ikw there's vertical adjustments. Any recommendations on how to fix this problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Common mistake is to use a wrench to adjust. They're designed for a long phillips screw driver to go in a U shaped hole which is next to a bolt, and when you twist it rotates the bolt which adjusts the beam. There are two holes. One for the horizontal and one for the vertical.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I haven't adjust the bolt but there's no Philips screws in any holes next to bolt

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    there isnt. there are prongs. the phillipshead mates up with the prongs and allows for fine adjustment
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hi, I have a 2014 WRX sedan with factory HID's and I find them to be pointed too low. I've done searching and seen a bunch of people on various forums with similar feelings. obviously i don't want them too high to blind traffic, but part of why I wanted HID's is for better visibility similar to my Acura RDX I have and other HID car's i have driven in the past. My visibility doesn't go too far ahead of me and its bugging me. The adjuster in the car allows for them to point lower in case I'm towing, but on the 0 setting (normal) its just too low.

I'm going to adjust them higher, but does anyone have an idea of what they should be? I recall reading somewhere to park like 25 ft away from a wall and adjust the beam 4 inches lower on the wall from the headlight height (obviously ensuring they are angled downward slightly).

Any thoughts or anyone feel the same way?

And I know the title of this thread is horizontal and I'm looking for vertical, but I didn't want to start a new thread unless necessary. And I also know the drivers side should point slightly lower and the cut off should look like _____/------- kind of thing given oncoming traffic
    2014 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan in Crystal Black Silica
    Mods - STi Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings, Cobb Tuning Race Red Shift Knob, Totsubo Front License Plate Mount, Corsa CBE
    2009 Acura RDX w/ Tech Package in Grigio Metallic

Retired: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 5-speed, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S 6-speed, 2010 Honda Accord Couple EX-L V6 6-speed.