Smoke alarm in my car

This is a discussion on Smoke alarm in my car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was hoping the title would catch some looks and a solution. 2002 wrx, this is what I have done. ...

Smoke alarm in my car

I was hoping the title would catch some looks and a solution. 2002 wrx, this is what I have done. stage 2, up pipe, cat back Cobb pipe. 102k miles. Everything runs good, my fuel pump has low pressure so I am changing that today.

We have had this car for about a month and every once and awhile I hear a noise that sounds like a low battery chirp in a smoke alarm. This was happening prior to the work being done. Am I loosing my mind, or is there some kind of chirp warning in my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your car have an aftermarket alarm?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

That my friend is a great question... I do not think so as it appears as if the factory alarm is the only one. Based on your question I will take a look under the dash but there are no changes under the hood. Frankly I think I am loosing my mind... but the little woman heard it too!

I Support ClubWRX
    The belts chirp if old. So does the exhaust and in fact the entire drivetrain potentially if the mounts are loose or faulty. Belts are cheaper.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.