Not hitting target boost stock

This is a discussion on Not hitting target boost stock within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a stock 13 wrx and lately I have been noticing that my spt gauge has only been peaking ...

Not hitting target boost stock

I have a stock 13 wrx and lately I have been noticing that my spt gauge has only been peaking at 10 and holding steady. Tonight when I did a wot pull my car peaked at 10 then dropped to 9, but it was 4 degrees out. Is it normal for boost to be lower when it's freezing out. And isn't stock peak 14.5 then taper down to 12.5. That's what my car used to hit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cold air supposedly makes your car run better.

I Support ClubWRX
    Boost would not be going down in the cold. One thing that cold can cause though it loose connections. I would take a look around in your engine bay and make sure nothing has slipped loose. I would start with the intercooler as the connections here have been known to come loose.

Hmm well that sucks cuz I've been driving like this for well over a week. Guess i take it into the dealer sometime today .

Is it stock? How many miles?

Yea it's stock 7k miles. I'm taking it to the dealer now.

Did you "feel" the loss in power or only realize it by looking at the boost gauge?

Na I didn't feel any loss in power just noticed it on the gauge. I'm at the dealer now just waitin to see what they say.

just got back from the dealer. they saidd theey were able to hit 13 psi from 2nd into 3rd and that there are no problems.
    On my drive home i still wasnt able to get it past 10 psi tho so idk what im ddoing wrong lol. I did get it to peak at 11 psi in 2nd for a quick second tho

When I was running a stock tune, mine would peak around 12 or so in the winter. From what I understand, the OEM tune has some sort of compensation on it during colder months, to keep it from creating too much power... Then again, what I have read on the internet may be entirely wrong, since it is the internet after all.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you flooring it (wide open throttle)?

yea i was doing wot pulls 2nd and 3rd.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    yea i was doing wot pulls 2nd and 3rd.
    Seems odd that they can hit 13 psi and you cant. Have you always been underboosting or is this just a new issue?

Also, on a side note, if you ever have anyone from the dealer take your car out for WOT pulls, go with them.

na i used to peak 14 and taper to 12. and i didnt know they were taking my car on a road test. I thought they were just going to check for leaks. But im stock anyway so i dount a tech is trryin to rip on a slow car lol