questions about injectors

This is a discussion on questions about injectors within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So guys im having a wierd intermittent misfire on cyl 3. By weird i mean sometimes the cel will stay ...

questions about injectors

So guys im having a wierd intermittent misfire on cyl 3. By weird i mean sometimes the cel will stay on and solid and reports back cyl 3 misfire along with a random sys too lean. The past couple days my car has started fine with a little rough idle and within a few minutes the cel starts flashing and stores po303 x2. After warming and driving the wideband reads 17.0 at idle meaning a lean condition right? Cel only flashes after being driven and wideband reads 17's. I have swapped plugs, swapped coil packs with cyl 1 and 3 with same results, changed fuel filter and ran injector cleaner. I am thinking the fuel injector is going bad on cyl 3 or it is dirty/ partially clogged or just leaking.

04 wrx with samco intake/ inlet. Stock injectors and pump as far as i am aware of. Tuned on 23 psi.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also getting a slight surge at idle sometimes, along with idle creep. When its idling down it goes down below 700 rpms and l dash lights go dim then returns to 750. Boost gauge reads 20 inhg at idle so really no indications of a vac leak.

I Support ClubWRX
    double post......
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Question is woukd this be symptoms of an injector on cyl 3?

I Support ClubWRX
    Read the link I posted.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ive read that link about 50 times. Believe me i know how to use a search button. Lol someone modified the stock injectors

I Support ClubWRX
    So,just as it says in the link,to diagnose an injector switch it around with one from another cylinder. If the misfire follows then you know it is the injector. You can also send them out to get cleaned and tested.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I was gonna have them sent out for flow testing. But once i pulled them and noticed stock ones were modified and i mean very poorly modded i knew thats what it was. I had it put on the dyno and its only making 239 awhp and pulling time between 4 and 5k rpm, ehich is the tune. The injectors have absolutely no pattern and are uncontrollable so they spray what they want and when they want. There is no way i should be pushing 240 with a vf39, fmic , and tuned on 23 psi.