2011 WRX loud clutch noises...help!

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX loud clutch noises...help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ever since I bought it 3 weeks ago the clutch makes a sound like a squeaky chair when you press ...

2011 WRX loud clutch noises...help!

Ever since I bought it 3 weeks ago the clutch makes a sound like a squeaky chair when you press on it, not noticeable when shifting gears, but when you are getting into first with the radio off, it is audible.
    Also, I noticed tonight that along with the squeaky noise, a loud squeal would emit when the clutch is fully pressed. It will continue until you lift off the clutch. The car was cold when the squeal was happening, and it seemed like when the engine warmed up that it would go away, leaving the annoying squeaking.
    The clutch does not slip.
    2011 wrx premium, completely stock, 60k miles

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had a squeeling in my clutch as well, i forgot what it was.... ummm..... something in the pulley system... take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Obviously that is why the car the was sold, I hope its nothing to expensive to fix.

When my '11 started doing that back in September, it turned out that the clutch was going bad. If it is not the clutch, it is either the pilot bearing or the fulcrum needs lubricated.

Next time you are on the highway put the car in 5th gear in low rpm, 2000-2500 rpm, push the accelerator the whole way in. Watch the tach and the speedo, at about 3500-4500 you will see if it is a bad clutch. The tach will jump up or float, the car will sound like it is a bat out of hell, and the speedo will climb slowly. You will not accelerate very quickly, and then you will probably start to smell clutch.

You are over the warranty time, and your mileage seems about right for a bad clutch if it had been driven harder than usual. You can probably get it replaced for 1200+, and that is if you buy the parts. Good luck, and I hope it is just some dirt in the fulcr
    Last edited by Kwrxp; 02-06-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Didn't see the mileage
    '11 WRX DGM

Yeah maybe, it was a one owner by a woman in her 30s. I checked the clutch thoroughly on my test drive, no squeaking and no slippage. I did not try 5th tho, I'll check tomorrow. I figured that the clutch would need fixing before I even test drove it, but it was a plus that it seemed ok.
    Thanks for the help! I'll check soon

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Subaru has a bulletin for it, normal most of the time especially with cold weather.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Poorly Lubricated Clutch Fork.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    Poorly Lubricated Clutch Fork.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Thats what i was thinking, just a lubrication issue. crossing my fingers...