Rebuild issues?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rebuild issues? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so here is what happened. I wasn't sure where to put this first off. Alright, a while back my ...

Rebuild issues?

Okay so here is what happened. I wasn't sure where to put this first off. Alright, a while back my 03 WRX timing belt tensioner bolt backed out took out the belt and all 16 valves in the process. After pulling the engine having a machine shop replace the valves and also taking care of a few things that were wrong while the engine was out I finally got it back in the car. Here is the issue that i'm having. After getting the car running again the IAC valve threw a code. I took it apart and cleaned it with no code now. The engine seems like it is missing and has a little shake at low rpm and a little back firing. In the upper rpm's everything smooths out. The up stream O2 sensor is bad and I know that, but it was bad before all of this and it ran fine. The car sat for about 1 1/2 years and we used the pressurized fuel rail/injector setup with 4 cans, but had no effect on how it was running. Before the engine went away I had a code for the O2 sensor and tgv stuck open. While it was down I replaced the tgv electronics and have no code for that anymore. With what seems like a miss there are no codes that pop up. Also the rpms at one point are at 450 or so then the next time you start the car they are at 850 with no changes anywhere. Could the IAC still be the issue, but not setting a code? Both myself and the other guy are certified techs and he has been one for about 20 years or so. This has both of us scratching our heads trying to figure it out. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would recheck the engine grounds. A small vacuum leak could be possible. Have you checked what the fuel trims look like?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.