strange Check Engine Light issue

This is a discussion on strange Check Engine Light issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all: I need some help from you guys. Few days ago I got a Check Engine light on my ...

Unhappy strange Check Engine Light issue

Hi all:
    I need some help from you guys. Few days ago I got a Check Engine light on my 2007 WRX TR. When I took to a mechanic he said coolant issue. The gauge on the dashboard displays hot when idle while the ECU says its cold and it starts revving up. Our first guess was coolant or coolant sensor issue. He replaced both and we are still seeing the same issue. He is now saying it could be ECU problem itself. He is just taking guesses. The car is unusable at the moment.

Any ideas what could be wrong? or anyone run into similar issues?

Thanks
    Chetan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Post the code please
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

P0118

CEL P0118...how to fix? - NASIOC

Try this if the link works

Here is the verdict. I towed it to the dealer. It was really strange. He changed the coolant sensor and still seeing that ECU read cold and guage read hot. it was losing power. He then bled the coolant and then it started holding up. I took it back today, it drives fine and no loss of power. He mentioned if this happens again we might need to replace the ECM.