Problems with boost and transmission

This is a discussion on Problems with boost and transmission within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I noticed that my cars turbo will spool fine until about 5psi (very slowly though) and then it will ...

Problems with boost and transmission

Today I noticed that my cars turbo will spool fine until about 5psi (very slowly though) and then it will ease its way up to 15. However, sometimes when I hit 15psi it bounces down to 5psi and starts to respool. Normally it spools quickly and the turbo reaches 15psi and doesn't drop unless I release the gas.

I recently put a fuel injector cleaner into the car it says it's safe for turbo-charged vehicles and doesn't affect air sensors etc. I used wynns fuel system cleaner.

Wynn's | Retail Products | Fuel Treatments - Petrol | Complete Fuel System Cleaner (Petrol)

Also with my transmission I've never had a problem with it before. If I drive the car and heat the engine up and then turn the vehicle off, remove the transmission fluid reader the transmission spoofs smoke and creates a smell of burning fluid. I've also noticed that for some reason whenever I go to put the car into gear-5 it grinds unless I'm <3000rpm which is also unusual.

Any ideas, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What car?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    What car?
    Subaru Impreza WRX 1999

Took it for another drive, I've noticed on the boost gauge it's limited at 15psi but if I change gears then put my foot hard it bounces to 16-17psi and then drops back to 15 is this normal?