MAF sensor problems! (CEL codes)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MAF sensor problems! (CEL codes) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Decided to replace my injectors before I go take my 2002 WRX in for an OS tune next week. All ...

MAF sensor problems! (CEL codes)

Decided to replace my injectors before I go take my 2002 WRX in for an OS tune next week. All goes well, despite the lengthy time the replacement actually consumed. After finishing it all, I turn on my car and see that I have a CEL. I pull the codes and get: p0102/p0113, do some research and it's directly linked to the god-forsaken MAF sensor. Do note that during my injector replacement, I kept the MAF (well the entire air intake assembly) in my car, and I even clean it before I put it back on. So now I am baffled and looking for your help..! Could it be the MAF wiring, because if you ever done injector replacement, the GBOD removal does require some tugging, so maybe the MAF wiring got damaged during this process? Also I took it out for a drive, because I spent a quite amount of hours replacing these injectors and want to see if I had any more problems, and for ONE drive cycle my car was vibrating unusually only at idle. Once I gave it any throttle, it went away. Been driving it the past two days, despite the ugly CEL, and vibration has gone away and car seems to be running fine, though it has a sluggish startup. ANY help would be fine. Maybe point me in the direction of how to use a multimeter on the MAF wiring, or where to purchase new MAF wiring/installation. Thanks, happy scooby'in. P.S. Installing boost gauge in two days so maybe I can make some logs on boost peak and vacuum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you using the stock intake assembly?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yepppp stock intake! Not sure if this has anything to do with it but one of the two fittings that the airbox cover slides into broke. Pretty sure it's irrelevant because my car threw no codes prior injector replacement

Did you put larger injectors in ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Nope same specs, just newer ones! Irrelevant question but would bigger injectors throw a CEL without tune? And would a missing fuel rail bolt affect anything? I torqued the two other bolts correctly and the injectors felt tight inside. Fuel system is feeling fine, just this stupid MAF problem messing everything up, ANY help would be appreciated!!

I was just curious, and yes I've read on various posts (not just Subies) where a tune is recommended for Larger injectors. I think you're on the right track, have you wiggled the MAF wiring a bit, just to see if you can clear the CELS ??? Also some folks have mentioned intake problems associated with those codes. Lot's very knowledgeable folks on this site.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Yeah, I have yet to actually mess with the MAF, but I will try unplugging it while the car is on to see if it's the actual bulkhead or just the sensor itself! I have cleared the CEL but if unfortunately came back so it's not just some false reading =/ but yes I hope someone knowledgeable about this problem can chime in!

Getting it checked by Subaru on Friday then either getting a new pigtail/connector or sensor! Either way the wrx should be up and running soon, and ready to be tuned yesssss

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.