Key won't fit to lock!

This is a discussion on Key won't fit to lock! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my -05 WRX some time ago and I have only used the remote for unlocking my doors and ...

Key won't fit to lock!

I bought my -05 WRX some time ago and I have only used the remote for unlocking my doors and it works just fine.
    But couple days ago I made the mistake to play with the trunk locking switch and now my trunk won't open from the inside.

Well I thought I just need to use my keys to unlock it from the outside. Unfortunately all of my keys have stopped working.
    I mean master, spare and vallet!
    I tested the keys that they work in the trunk when I bought the car.
    I tried oiling the lock with gunoil as I live in Finland and we have about -20 degree outside the locks won't allways work so good...
    The key just don't seem to go as far bottom as it should be going and so it won't turn. This happened to door locks too!

Anyone have any other Ideas how to repair the lock?
    I have read that I can open the trunk switch by crawling into the trunk thought backseats, but I rather not to do so.

Thank you and happy drift season!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Best to get it from the inside and open it. Can flick the cancel switch back off and you can use your lever inside again until you sort your lock. Maybe try some WD-40 or carby cleaner inside the key hole there could be direlt stuck inside it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

SOLVED!

I went in to carage to unmelt the car and there I managed to crawl through the "armrest hole" in the backseat and unlock the trunk lid.

Then I used A LOT WD-40, Anti-Freezer and the Gun oil.
    With these I managed to make my lock work again.

Good man

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk