Small Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Small Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Only on start up when I turn the key it starts and revs up to roughly 1500 like it should ...

Small Problem

Only on start up when I turn the key it starts and revs up to roughly 1500 like it should then drops and Boggs down and almost dies. I just recently went with a stage 2 tune. Could this be a fuel pump problem?
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you turn the ignition on (before actually starting) do you hear the fuel pump going? It usually builds up pressure then quites until pressure drops and it starts back up. Since it has fuel pressure to start and go up to 15oo rpms, I suspect it's not the fuel pump.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Could be a ton of problems...but yes. Fuel pump could be bad...or something as simple as clogged fuel filter.

Clean the MAF sensor as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Fuel filter is entirely possible, so is MAF and a number of other causes. Once I blew up my intake tubing, the engine started just fine and then immediately died dead. And that was perfectly repeatable. Once I had things plugged back together it worked like it always has...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    IAC valve. check it.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    IAC valve. check it.
    Where might I find the IAC
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

When you originally flash, your ecu has to relearn to idle, this is common for first 10 mins, after that if there is a probelm then I have no idea & talk to those guys ^^^

Iac should be located on the throttle body. Clean that as well. If you remove it replace the gasket as it will expand when removed and cannot be re used

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.