02 Wrx wont boost above 7 psi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 Wrx wont boost above 7 psi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Donkey It completely answers the question. Instead of using test mode,the 100% accurate way is to apply ...

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It completely answers the question. Instead of using test mode,the 100% accurate way is to apply 12v power to the solenoid. Also feel free to consult the factory service manual.
    So it works on the direct battery full current. That doesn't mean the BCS is good, it means it clicks on the battery. It has to be able to operate on the harness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

02 Wrx wont boost above 7 psi

Like I said,feel free to consult the factory service manual for the diagnostic process.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Where do I find one?

Removed BCS, yes it clicks when battery power applied, cleaned out, reconnected, no difference, resetting ECU right now. We have flashed the ECU a few times lately and never reset it so it was due I reckon.

ECU reset made zero difference. Boost still capped at 6-7psi, unless small vacuum hose going to the BCV is removed, them it goes like hell.

Last edited by hybridEJ; 02-18-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Replaced BCS with known working one, boost now is up to 13psi. Almost there.

Nice. did yours click when you connected the green dash or did you just test it with 12v. Im going to replace the vacuum lines tomorrow mostly cause of all the y connectors and some are very hard and seem to leek

Quote Originally Posted by D-tained View Post
    Nice. did yours click when you connected the green dash or did you just test it with 12v. Im going to replace the vacuum lines tomorrow mostly cause of all the y connectors and some are very hard and seem to leek
    In test mode my BCS did nothing. Had to connect to battery to make it click. But what I did was try to blow through it while activated. No air was passing through no matter what I did. Cleaned twice. So that's when I said okay, time to replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12