Engine/boost sputter when accelerating hard - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine/boost sputter when accelerating hard within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I found broken intercooler, that appears to have resolved most of the issue. Just driving about an hour ...

Hey all, I found broken intercooler, that appears to have resolved most of the issue. Just driving about an hour later and now it's a different problem...

Please help this is heart breaking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that sounds like a pulley is going bad. You need to try to pinpoint EXACTLY where the squeaking is coming from then we can go from there. Could be the AC compressor pulley, that is where I search around first. Sometimes these squeaking problems can be fixed with a little bit of WD-40. But if you do decided to try the WD-40 try your best to be careful to not get it on the belt or the part of the pulley that the belt makes a connection on.

EDIT: fixing this annoying squeak will help you to hear and focus on other noises that you are concerned about.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Here are more videos

And another. It revs, but wont drive right at all

Now it won't start. Turns over but not starting. It huffs and puffs, and nothing. Before this happened, i was giving it gas, then it slowed down, have it more gas until it was full throttle and it was barely revving 2250 rpm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bump

heres a new video New video - YouTube

I had a feeling it was an IC connection causing your issue, I had that issue a few times on my Supra. Ok, so now that you have it fixed check over all connections, it is possible you loosened something else. If they all check out, look over your MAF and make sure it is pointing in the correct direction and that the connector is on tight. I would also pull the negative battery terminal and press your brake lights a few times to make sure you have no residual power. Reconnect and try starting the car again.

I would inspect your plugs as well, it's possible that you fouled them out. Dark = rich while ligth color indicates lean. If they are "medium brown" color they are most likely OK. Of course, if you have not replaced them in a while, it would not hurt to do so. Again, the first place I would start is by making sure your IC connections are all secure, I've accidentally left gaps after replacing a connection and caused the issue to become far worse. It happens!!!
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Tuned by Torqued Performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.