Yellow stuff in oil fill tube?

This is a discussion on Yellow stuff in oil fill tube? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I keep reading it can be caused by short trip driving in cold climates. I drive 75 miles round trip ...

Question Yellow stuff in oil fill tube?

I keep reading it can be caused by short trip driving in cold climates. I drive 75 miles round trip to work so it can't be from that, could it?

Can there really be that much build up from condensation?

I can remember seeing a little bit of this yellow stuff during previous oil changes, but it seems like alot this time... maybe its been there and I never looked far enough down in to the fill tube to see it..

2012 STI 32,000 miles

Doesn't show up in my oil that I can tell.

thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car is stock, it is still under warranty. If concerned you can therefore ask a dealer. My best guess is that it is in fact condensation. Try wiping it off carefully and see how long it takes to collect. If it were my car, and if it were otherwise asymptomatic, I'd not be all that worried.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thats normal, its just condensation from the oil, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Thanks for the input.

From what I have gathered, this happens with synthetic oils more so than conventional oil. I went through the same heart attack last week, took it to the dealer and they told me that it was normal with the cold and synthetic oil.
    '11 WRX DGM