Clutch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Clutch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 wut? I think I can interpret this...What he is saying is that if he is going ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    wut?
    I think I can interpret this...What he is saying is that if he is going to pay someone for 10 hours of labor for an OEM clutch replacement, why shouldn't he just pay the extra difference and get a stage 2 clutch installed instead. I's says...Because driveability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah.. at stock power levels there is no advantage to installing a stage two clutch, and the disadvantage of the clutch being rougher and more difficult to drive with.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Z31_2011 View Post
    Was looking into stage 2 clutch does it have be wrx or will sti clutch work the car is a wrx impreza

The STi clutch will not fit your car unless you have the STi six speed transmission.

Having recently driven a stage 2 clutched STi (is that a word... "clutched"?), there is NO WAY I'd want to drive that car in stop and go traffic.

Perhaps the Stage 1 clutch, or just stick to the OEM one for a bit. I'm at 300/350 for a daily driver, and my clutch seems to be holding up fine for now, although I expect it to go around 50,000 miles +/-. A lot has to do with how you drive.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12