Hill start and traction lights on

This is a discussion on Hill start and traction lights on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well today wasn't a good day. Coming home in my 09 wrx I hit a curb in the snow. Bald ...

Hill start and traction lights on

Well today wasn't a good day. Coming home in my 09 wrx I hit a curb in the snow. Bald summer tires probably aren't the best for winter... Now the alignment is out, steering wheel goes to the left and passenger wheel (which was hit) points to the right, hill start assist and traction control lights stay on only while driving. If I shut it off and then it back on they aren't there until I start to drive. And there is a wierd clicking noise while driving only. Any one have any suggestions or help. I am a mechanic at a Nissan dealer so I do have some knowledge. I am going to jack the car up tomorrow to see if any of is loose while I spin that wheel. But with the whole light thing... Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man I'm on the same boat as you, but my car didn't hit anything. I was just driving and the lights came on. Turned the car off then it disappeared, then two days later turned back on. The ABS light is also on. Does this cold weather have anything to do with this? I did replace the front rotors and pads two months ago. Could it have anything to do with it?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Jsantos, I've heard things around here and nasioc that the brake pedal switch could be the culprit. This happens in my car as well but not enough to make me fix it.

Well mine was a simple answer.. When I hit the curb the steering wheel went out of alignment and there is a sensor to detect steering angle. But when I worked at Nissan when those lights came on it was a good chance of an abs code. If 1 sensor couldn't read correctly it shut the system down that aren't needed. But if you have lights on constant I will find someone that can read abs codes.

Steering angle sensor is right. Mine went out and was replaced after reset under warranty. Former owner also had the whole steering geometry effed up... Subaru still replaced the sensor. You want to get this aligned ASAP! And the code is not on the ECU, it's in the body control unit and (I think) only Subaru can get that read out and reset...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I'm just saying for an abs you'll have to get the scanner to read it. Snap on and other companies sell them that can read the abs codes and what not