DAM at .062????

This is a discussion on DAM at .062???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 09 sti & I was having fun under high loads/full boost; doing doughnuts in the snow. I ...

DAM at .062????

I have an 09 sti & I was having fun under high loads/full boost; doing doughnuts in the snow. I noticed my car pulled timing to .062. No oil consumption, no missing or stumbling. It drives 100% fine. No smoke when the oil fill cap is off.

What could've caused my car to pull timing?

I should add that I just got gas prior to this happening.
    Mods are just SF intake Cobb tune & catback...

Here is a log:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

When I saw the knock I let off, but at higher loads, you can see that I'm not getting anything. Again, my DAM is still at .062.....

This is a log I did prior this the whole DAM thing dropping

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

Any ideas??
    Both logs are from the same mods and same map....
    A car is only as good as its driver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you want to read more on DAM its here.

whens the last time the ECU was reset/reflashed? it will fluctuate a lot after then until it gets through the learning period

edit: lower number means knocking, and it is backing off the timing to protect the motor, range from 0-16. use better gas maybe? try for non-ethanol 93 oct. you can check pure-gas.org for ethanol free stations

It was last reset when I flashed the map onto it. So I'd say a week ago, maybe 2....
    A car is only as good as its driver

well, i'd say if it is knocking, there may be something wrong with the tune. I don't know enough about subarus to go through your logs and make any sense of them (had mine for 2 weeks now), but modifying something like engine management means a lot of research, picking the right one, then testing and tuning it to your car.