Halo Headlight Trouble

This is a discussion on Halo Headlight Trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey folks I need your help yet again. I have a 2002 bug eye and installed a set of halo ...

Halo Headlight Trouble

Hey folks I need your help yet again. I have a 2002 bug eye and installed a set of halo headlights that I bought off someone doing a build. I don't know what brand they are but they were wired real nice and plugged right up to the stock harness and have worked flawlessly, for awhile. They have the three LEDs, a low and high beam, and a halo ring around each low and each high beam. The only issue I am currently having is that one of the halos has gone out (on the high beam on the passenger side). I have researched on here as well as the internet in general and cannot find a solution to satisfy the problem (this includes looking for replacement LEDs and halos). I heard from one person online to buy some white or blue 3mm LEDs and install them in the halo ring itself, but I cannot find them in that size, at least not at Radioshack. Does anybody know what I should do to remedy this besides throwing my stock headlights back on? Thank you for the help.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

post up pics and maybe someone will know what halo was used. also I'm curious because i was going to make these lights i have now into halos
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Don't know if those are the exact ones though since he sold them to me already wired and no packaging.

Wow! Nobody has had any experience with the halo lights themselves before?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you still have your stock set. Bake and Measure and order a replacement set of Halo's
    Last edited by cflip2x; 12-21-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    If you still have your stock set. Bake and Measure and order a replacement set of Halo's
    So there is no way to replace the halo element itself? Would getting a whole new headlight be the only solution?

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont see why not but if I were you I would replace the Halos in both headlights while you have them off. I wouldnt buy one set only because if you dont know the exact brand they may be off color.

are you sure its the the halo power inverter?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I dont see why not but if I were you I would replace the Halos in both headlights while you have them off. I wouldnt buy one set only because if you dont know the exact brand they may be off color.

are you sure its the the halo power inverter?
    Yes I planned on buying multiple colors for that very reason. These are like a blue / white. Typical color you see on the Audi and such for LEDs. What is the halo power inverter? Sorry this is my first time dealing with Halos for headlights.

I Support ClubWRX
    The power inverters are usually used with cold cathode halos LEDs shouldn't need them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Honestly I'm not seeing an easy solution to this problem right off hand. I think I may be better off finding a new set of headlights, once these completly go out.