Need help finding problem w/ 2004 WRX Auto drivers side low beam headlight/DRL Issue

This is a discussion on Need help finding problem w/ 2004 WRX Auto drivers side low beam headlight/DRL Issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello Gents, Having problems with drivers side low beam headlight/DRL not working. The Interesting thing is this, the bulb is ...

Need help finding problem w/ 2004 WRX Auto drivers side low beam headlight/DRL Issue

Hello Gents,

Having problems with drivers side low beam headlight/DRL not working. The Interesting thing is this, the bulb is not
    burned out . It is now the second time this has happened, the first time it happened I thought it was just a burned
    out bulb and then I just purchased replacement bulbs...but a few days later it starts working again ! So OK, several
    months later the same problem pops up again . The headlight bulbs are still the OEM bulbs that came with the car
    when it was purchased new in Dec. 2003 ! It has been pretty much bulletproof since new w/ 84K miles on it now...All
    the other bulbs work just fine Including the high beams, and all other electrical systems seem to be working fine.

I checked the all electrical connections to the bulbs and they seem tight, I checked the headlight switch on the steer-
    ing wheel column and it seems fine, possible relay Issue ? Don't know for sure what it can be...

Any Ideas on what may be causing this...?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dr69er; 12-02-2013 at 05:34 PM.