Door internals rattling

This is a discussion on Door internals rattling within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a '14 wrx hatchback and I ****ing love my car. I've wanted a wrx since they came ...

Door internals rattling

I just bought a '14 wrx hatchback and I ****ing love my car. I've wanted a wrx since they came out when I was 16 and I finally got one. My problem is I'm getting rattling noises from the internals of my doors when I play music. I haven't really cranked the volume too much, but with the lower bass kicking in with some songs I can hear parts vibrating in there. It's driving me crazy. Is this a common and/ or simple fix or is my car vexed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Rattles: it's what makes Subaru, a Subaru.

No really, they are notorious for rattles, creaks, etc. I tend to just give whatever area is rattling a little love tap and it goes away most of the time lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

maybe make a comment about it to the stealership? i honestly havent had any rattle problems unless its freezing out, then they go away once the car warms up

Lots of stuff seems to rattle on mine. Haven't noticed much in the doors but definitely parts of the dash! I normally just turn up the music. Or, on nice days, have the window down and don't notice. It's worst when my girlfriend is in the car because music is normally low then and I hear EVERYTHING rattling. Drives me nuts.

The infinite amount of plastic used in these cars tend to rattle when contracted and cold out. Only real options are sound deadening.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

Little bit of rattling when cold out. The thing I noticed is water gets into the fuel lid and freezes. Had fun at the gas pump the other morning freeing that up. So if your lid doesn't pop .....
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Little bit of rattling when cold out. The thing I noticed is water gets into the fuel lid and freezes. Had fun at the gas pump the other morning freeing that up. So if your lid doesn't pop .....
    That ****'s the WORST!

Thanks for the feed back. I plan on opening the doors and seeing what I can do. Just wanted to know if there was any known causes before I went in there. And I'll definitely look into sound deadening; I was planing on getting some rtv and kinda sealing stationary parts down and stuff like that. It works on fighter jets it should work on a subaru..haha

there is a thread out there somewhere... dude took off most if not all his plastic paneling, looked at the underside of the trim pieces for rubbing, bumping marks and trimmed/cut the plastic some then added some foam or sound deadening
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

This seems to be a fix..

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...x-must-do.html