P2441 CEL - How to Fix it Yourself!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P2441 CEL - How to Fix it Yourself! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I had to type this procedure for another member on another forum, so I thought I would post it ...

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

P2441 CEL - How to Fix it Yourself!

Hello, I had to type this procedure for another member on another forum, so I thought I would post it on here aswell to help someone one day.

P2441 Code: Secondary Air Injection Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 1).

Step 1: Check the secondary air combination valve fuse. (10A)

Is it blown? Yes, go to step 2. No go to step 3.

Step 2:

1. Remove the secondary air combination valve fuse (10 A) from the fuse box.
    2. Disconnect the connector from the secondary air combination valve RH.
    3. Measure the resistance between the secondary air combination valve fuse and secondary air combination valve RH connector, and chassis ground.

Is the resistance 1 M-ohm or more?
    Yes, Replace the fuse with a new part, and connect the secondary air combination valve RH connector. Go to Step 3.

No, repair the short circuit to ground in harness between the fuse box and the secondary air combination valve RH connector.

Step 3:

1. Connect the delivery (test) mode connector.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
    3. Perform operation check for the secondary air combination valve RH using a Select Monitor.

Does the secondary air combination valve RH repeatedly switch to ON and OFF?

Yes, Go to Step 4.
    No, Go to Step 6.

Step 4:

Check duct between secondary air pump and secondary air combination valve RH.

Check the duct between the secondary air pump and secondary air combination valve RH.

Is there damage, clog or disconnection of the duct?

Yes, Replace, Clean, or connect the duct.
    No, Go to Step 5.

Step 5:

Check pipe between secondary air combination valve RH and cylinder head.

Check the pipe between the secondary air combination valve RH and cylinder head.

Is there damage, clog or disconnection of the pipe?

Yes, Replace, clean, or connect the pipe.
    No, Even if the malfunction indicator light illuminates, the circuit has returned to a normal condition at this time. Reproduce the fault condition and reperform the check. (Note: In this case, there may be a temporary connector contact failure.

Step 6:

Check power supply to secondary air combination valve RH.
    1. Disconnect the connector from the secondary air combination valve RH.
    2. In the condition of step 3, measure the voltage between secondary air combination valve RH connector and chassis ground.

Does the voltage repeatedly change between 10v and 0v?

Yes, replace the secondary air combintation valve RH.
    No, go to step 7.

Step 7:

Check harness between secondary air combination valve RH and chassis ground.

Measure the resistance between the secondary air combination valve RH connector and chassis ground.

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes, go to step 8.
    No, Repair the open circuit in harness between secondary air combination valve RH connector and chassis ground.

Step 8:

Check harness between secondary air combination valve relay 1 and secondary air combination valve RH connector.

1. Turn the ignition switch to off.
    2. Remove the secondary air combination valve relay 1 from the relay box.
    3. Measure the resistance of the harness between secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector and secondary air combination valve RH connector.

Is the resistance less than 1 ohm?

Yes, go to step 9.
    No Repair the open circuit in harness between secondary air combination valve relay 1 and secondary air combination valve RH connector.

Step 9:

Check secondary air combination valve relay 1.

1. Connect the battery to terminals no.1 and no.2 of the secondary air combination valve relay 1.
    2. Measure the resistance between the secondary air combination valve relay 1 terminals.

Is the resistance less than 1 ohm?

Yes, go to step 10.
    No, replace the secondary air combination valve relay 1.

Step 10:

Check the secondary air combination valve relay 1.

Measure the resistance between the secondary air combination valve relay 1 terminals with the battery disconnected.

Is the resistance 1M-Ohm or more?

Yes, go to step 11.
    No, replace the secondary air combination valve relay 1.

Step 11:

Check the secondary air combination valve relay 1 power source.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
    2. Measure the voltage between the secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector and chassis ground.

Is the voltage 10V or more?

Yes, go to step 12.
    No, repair the open or ground short circuit of power supply circuit.

Step 12:
    Check harness between ECM and secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector.

1. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
    2. Disconnect the connector of ECM.
    3. Measure the resistance of harness between ECM and secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector.

Is the resistance less than 1 OHM?

Yes, go to step 13.
    No, repair the open circuit of harness between ECM and secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector.

Step 13:

Check the harness between ECM and secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector.

Measure the resistance between the secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector and chassis ground.

Is the resistance 1 M-Ohm or more?

Yes, Repair the poor contact of the ECM connector.
    No, repair the ground short circuit of harness between ECM and secondary air combination valve relay 1 connector.

Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Lol circuits...my favorite class. Excellent work

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Lol circuits...my favorite class. Excellent work
    Yup, electrical. Always fun, lmao.. But thanks :P
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.