2009 Subaru WRX Non-STI Coolant Level

This is a discussion on 2009 Subaru WRX Non-STI Coolant Level within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey there folks, I am here with a question for my coolant level. I just recently bought an '09 Subaru ...

2009 Subaru WRX Non-STI Coolant Level

Hey there folks,

I am here with a question for my coolant level. I just recently bought an '09 Subaru WRX with 91,520 miles on it. The car is running great, other than one issue that I have noticed! The coolant level light is on. I read in the manual about this and it says that if the light is (RED) and stays lit after the car has been started for two seconds it means that the coolant level of the car is low, or the temps are running hot in the car. I find this very odd because the temps seem normal... it's sitting at half or a tiny smidge over half when the car has fully been warmed up and has been running for a while.

Here is a picture of the gauge and how it looks:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	122866

Also, a little more information: When the car has been off for a while and the engine is completely cooled off the level in the (reserve) tank is reading below the "low" mark. When the car has completely warmed up, it is reading just above the "low" mark. I have read many places that his is normal for Subarus and there shouldn't be anything to worry about, just as long as when the engine is heated up that the coolant is reading at above the "low" marker... Is this true? Also, it seems to be that my FUEL light is on as well... but my fuel isn't THAT low. What could cause these problems? I do also use 91-93 premium fuel if this helps at all.

Thanks,
    Skylor

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Those are indicators of what they are monitoring, not the idiot lights.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

You don't have any warning lights on...those are the lights that tell you what the gauges are for.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    The only thing that needs fixing there is your Brake light. Release E brake before you drive
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

And make sure to check the blinker fluid reservoir!

The coolant level could be a bit higher, I personally don't like "just" enough, rather be in the middle range.

P.S. when the fuel does go low (about 1/8th) there is a YELLOW indicator light coming on, just a reminder to fill up. The lights as shown ARE just labels for what the gauge monitors.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?