Please help!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Please help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Watch this video and tell me whats wrong please. I looked it up and cant find a straight forward answer. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Please help!!

Watch this video and tell me whats wrong please. I looked it up and cant find a straight forward answer.
    I took a video of my own car and put it on youtube because i wasnt sure of any other way to post a video on here. That is what the link is.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0YP0zfxuk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I may be wrong but it sounds like rod knock like a spun bearing.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post
    I may be wrong but it sounds like rod knock like a spun bearing.
    Ugh. I was thinking the same thing but hoping differently.

my 02 made a noise like that once and it wound up being a blown timing belt pulley.

it sounded like a blown rod, but the pulley never left the inner race so motor saved.....barely. heres hoping n good luck
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Oh boy.....that sounds bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    my 02 made a noise like that once and it wound up being a blown timing belt pulley.

it sounded like a blown rod, but the pulley never left the inner race so motor saved.....barely. heres hoping n good luck

Did you fix it yourself?

Yah, gates timing belt and pulley/tentioner kit. Effing expensive(like 600$list) but worth it. One very long cold night on the club researching how to's and some diy. I might be a mechanic by profession but I've never worked on a engine like the subies. Been a old v8 guy since 91 so there is a learning curve. So far so good. I don't think I'd of had the guts to do the timing belt myself without the club help or one if my friends that have done it themselves. Have you contacted a shop yet about it?
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's coming from the front of the engine suspect timing belt tensioner or any other roller inside or outside the front cover. If it's coming from the rear side of the engine suspect turbo, potentially due to faulty oil supply. If it's from the bottom suspect the worst. If timing after all also check cam and crank angle sensors.

Post back when you know please.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

This^^^
    Rob

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    You only have 32k miles. Contact the dealership. Your warranty should take care of it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    You only have 32k miles. Contact the dealership. Your warranty should take care of it.
    This is what I was going to say

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait, what?! That's right absolutely! I missed that. This isn't your problem, it's the dealer's problem. My guesses still stand but don't do the work, have them look.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post

I bought it from toyota used. And its an 08 so im not sure what warranty is still there. Other than toyota gave me a 3 month 3k mile used car warranty. I brought it to them and they said they have to send it to subaru and see if that warranty even covers it. I was like.... Umm, its an engine problem. The engine is part of the powertrain. I have ur 3k powertain warranty. Why should it be questioned to be covered??? He was like, well, i cant tell you that. So i left the car at toyota. Then he tells me he cant give me a loner car because he doesnt know whats wrong with the car yet!! Soo i guess ill see what happens....

I Support ClubWRX
    He was like, well, i cant tell you that.
    Ask to speak with the person that can tell you that. If they deny coverage ask for an estimate -- and a denial -- in writing.

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Wow. That's dirty. Do whatever you can to make sure they cover you on this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.