Leak!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Leak! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some help everyone. last month I had my valve cover replaced on the passenger side of my car ...

Leak!

I need some help everyone. last month I had my valve cover replaced on the passenger side of my car at the dealership. now the same side is smoking again. I did find a little leak from a hose or near a hose clap I should say. does anyone know what this is in my picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PicsArt_1384548393379.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like turbo inlet. Had a similar issue on my 04. I would get an aftermarket one like Perrin to replace it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    How did you find the leak and what was leaking out of it? That's the turbo inlet. It's a pain to replace, I usually just cut it off with a torch.

There shouldn't be an oil leak on a turbo inlet though...

Could it be the oil feed line on the turbo itself? They are known to go, causing leaks (including the filter in the banjo bolt). Also possible the seals could be going on the turbo itself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I dont know of thats exactly where it is leaking from that just the only area I see that has oily residue near it and the valve cover area looks really clean.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by onekrissy1 View Post
    I dont know of thats exactly where it is leaking from that just the only area I see that has oily residue near it and the valve cover area looks really clean.
    The oily residue you're seeing is probably just blowby. Like Mikie said, I'd check the oil feed line.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.