my wrx showing up wrong year on COBB AP!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx showing up wrong year on COBB AP!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just went and dropped 720 bucks canadian on a new Version 3 COBB AP to get my car to ...

my wrx showing up wrong year on COBB AP!!!!

i just went and dropped 720 bucks canadian on a new Version 3 COBB AP to get my car to stage one. I get home, Update the AP firmware. Plug it into my car and it asks to confirm if my wrx is a 2008 usdm!!
    I cancelled the instal of the AP as me saying yes wont this flash y car with a map for a 2008 when my car is supposed to be a 2009, The model under the hood clearly say 2009 MY. Can anyone please help me with this. I am really starting to panic as I have been thinking my wrx is a 2008 brcause of some other things I noticed. Under the Suburu warranty it did come online in dec 2008 accoding to the records. But the vin and the sticker say its a 2009!!
    please tell me i do have a real 2009 with 265 HP. If its a 2008 than I have 220 HP or something right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What turbo is on it?

I notice you're in Canada, is it a Canadian car? If so do you have a sunroof?

In 2009 Subaru made 2 WRX's in Canada, the WRX and the WRX265. The WRX was basically a 08 WRX and the 265 had the upgraded turbo/suspension. It also came with a sunroof and 6 cd player.

I have no sunroof. I just swapped out the stock deck, but very sure it was a 6 stack. Like i said under the hood the sticker says 2009 MY, Also When I phoned suburu canada about the warranty I gave them the VIN, It showed up as a 2009 Hatch. Thats when they told me it had its 5 year warranty is up this dec.

I think what he's saying is that unless you got a WRX265 then the Canadian 2009 WRX is the same as a USDM 2008 WRX.

If you don't have a sunroof then you have a WRX with 224 hp not 265. Again this only applies for Canadian models. So it would be the same as a 08.

To be sure that the AP will work properly contact Cobb they will be able to confirm that it will work or not. Just explain to them you have a Canadian version of the 2009 WRX with 224hp (the same as the impreza gt in the states).

If i go ahead and confirm that its a 2008 on the AP, will the HP and TQ show up on the guages when I have the gauges working!! I am going to greak out if i dont have the a 265 HP. When I bought this car I specifically avoided lots of 2008 for this reason. I found a stock 2009 and was happy to have a unmolested WRX to screw up all on by myself.

As A265 wrote, there were two (non-STI) WRX models in Canada for 2009. The one that *wasn't* the WRX265 had the same 224HP as the US 2008 model. Got one of those?

Contact Cobb?

Sorry to tell you but I had a 09 and no sunroof == 224hp.

But if you're happy with it that's all that matters.

how to tell which turbo is on it!

Let me count:
    2009-10-11-12-13-14
    0 ... - 1- 2 - 3 - 4 - 5...

2008-09-10-11-12-13-14
    0 ... - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - ...
    So it must have started the warranty in Dec 2008, and that's about right. Subaru sells cars a year in advance. If you buy a car in the second half of a given year it goes as the following years model. You still have a MY09, but it was actually made in 08... So you still SHOULD have the 265 HP model... But I can't be positive, A265 (above) leaves it wide open...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

He doesn't have 265 hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also dont have the alloy pedals, or the sti wing. yes its a hatch but it is not the sti wing. i also dont have the wrx red stitching on the front seats or the red stitching on the steering wheel. These are not huge things, Just more of a indicator that something is wrong. Every review i see of the 2009 wrx has all things i listed plus the 265 motor!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushwickbill View Post
    Every review i see of the 2009 wrx has all things i listed plus the 265 motor!!

You're looking at info pertaining to the US model.. you have a Canadian model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.