Seat too hot?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seat too hot? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In my 2011 WRX when I turn the drivers heat seat on (push the switch forward) it feels like its ...

Seat too hot?

In my 2011 WRX when I turn the drivers heat seat on (push the switch forward) it feels like its going to burn my butt it gets so hot.

Any else experience this? I plan to mention it to the dealer the next time I stop in for my oil change.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine gets pretty freaking hot. I wouldn't say it feels like its going to burn my butt off, but I have to turn it off after a bit.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

2011 WRX dfriver heated seat too hot

Mine started getting too hot last night (2011 with 45k) - felt this sudden burning and when I got out the car, i could smell a hot dusty burning smell - nothing has burned through the seat, but when i put my hand on the seat, it stings from the heat in one specific place along the seam. The seat also has a hot dusty burning type smell. The passenger side does not.

Off to the dealer I suppose............

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Mine gets pretty freaking hot. I wouldn't say it feels like its going to burn my butt off, but I have to turn it off after a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by suby04 View Post
    Mine started getting too hot last night (2011 with 45k) - felt this sudden burning and when I got out the car, i could smell a hot dusty burning smell - nothing has burned through the seat, but when i put my hand on the seat, it stings from the heat in one specific place along the seam. The seat also has a hot dusty burning type smell. The passenger side does not.

Yep, dealer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Put it on low?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Did that, it doesnt sting any more, BUT "low" now feels like "high" used to

I Support ClubWRX
    My high has always been too high if turned on constantly. I just run it on high initially & when it gets too hot I switch to low.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thats what I plan to do - we both know taking it to the dealer will get me a charge of 80.00 with "we cannot duplicate the issue" or "its working as designed."

Did that, it doesnt sting any more, BUT "low" now feels like "high" used to

I Support ClubWRX
    On a funny note. I once accidentally turned the passenger side seat to high in the summer. My friend's Dad was in that seat. After a while I see him place his hands under his butt & looks uncomfortable. I ask him if he's okay. He says his ass is burning. I look at the switch & its on. He says he takes medication that gives him hot flushes. Its normally in his face. He thought it was strange that this was the first time he was getting them in his ass. We were both laughing so hard
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    On a funny note. I once accidentally turned the passenger side seat to high in the summer. My friend's Dad was in that seat. After a while I see him place his hands under his butt & looks uncomfortable. I ask him if he's okay. He says his ass is burning. I look at the switch & its on. He says he takes medication that gives him hot flushes. Its normally in his face. He thought it was strange that this was the first time he was getting them in his ass. We were both laughing so hard

Sucks man. I still haven't taken mine to the dealer but since posting the seat no longer works, only the back gets warm.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

I Support ClubWRX
    My seats get incredibly hot too. I just don't use them.

#firstworldproblems

If it's too hot for you we can trade cars and you can have mine and you won't have to worry about your seat getting too hot!!!
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.

Heated seats made me feel like I peed myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.