Seat too hot?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Seat too hot? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In my 2011 WRX when I turn the drivers heat seat on (push the switch forward) it feels like its ...

  1. #1
    Registered User preston_nfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    26

    Seat too hot?

    In my 2011 WRX when I turn the drivers heat seat on (push the switch forward) it feels like its going to burn my butt it gets so hot.

    Any else experience this? I plan to mention it to the dealer the next time I stop in for my oil change.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User wrx650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    708
    I Support ClubWRX
    Mine gets pretty freaking hot. I wouldn't say it feels like its going to burn my butt off, but I have to turn it off after a bit.
    -Noah

    2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

    Stink-Eye Mob #91

    Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34

    2011 WRX dfriver heated seat too hot

    Mine started getting too hot last night (2011 with 45k) - felt this sudden burning and when I got out the car, i could smell a hot dusty burning smell - nothing has burned through the seat, but when i put my hand on the seat, it stings from the heat in one specific place along the seam. The seat also has a hot dusty burning type smell. The passenger side does not.

    Off to the dealer I suppose............


    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Mine gets pretty freaking hot. I wouldn't say it feels like its going to burn my butt off, but I have to turn it off after a bit.

  5. #4
    Registered User MOTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mandeville, La.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by suby04 View Post
    Mine started getting too hot last night (2011 with 45k) - felt this sudden burning and when I got out the car, i could smell a hot dusty burning smell - nothing has burned through the seat, but when i put my hand on the seat, it stings from the heat in one specific place along the seam. The seat also has a hot dusty burning type smell. The passenger side does not.

    Off to the dealer I suppose............
    Yep, dealer.

  6. #5
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,767
    I Support ClubWRX
    Put it on low?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34
    Did that, it doesnt sting any more, BUT "low" now feels like "high" used to

  8. #7
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,767
    I Support ClubWRX
    My high has always been too high if turned on constantly. I just run it on high initially & when it gets too hot I switch to low.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thats what I plan to do - we both know taking it to the dealer will get me a charge of 80.00 with "we cannot duplicate the issue" or "its working as designed."

    Quote Originally Posted by suby04 View Post
    Did that, it doesnt sting any more, BUT "low" now feels like "high" used to

  10. #9
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,767
    I Support ClubWRX
    On a funny note. I once accidentally turned the passenger side seat to high in the summer. My friend's Dad was in that seat. After a while I see him place his hands under his butt & looks uncomfortable. I ask him if he's okay. He says his ass is burning. I look at the switch & its on. He says he takes medication that gives him hot flushes. Its normally in his face. He thought it was strange that this was the first time he was getting them in his ass. We were both laughing so hard
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34
    LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    On a funny note. I once accidentally turned the passenger side seat to high in the summer. My friend's Dad was in that seat. After a while I see him place his hands under his butt & looks uncomfortable. I ask him if he's okay. He says his ass is burning. I look at the switch & its on. He says he takes medication that gives him hot flushes. Its normally in his face. He thought it was strange that this was the first time he was getting them in his ass. We were both laughing so hard

  12. #11
    Registered User preston_nfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by suby04 View Post
    Mine started getting too hot last night (2011 with 45k) - felt this sudden burning and when I got out the car, i could smell a hot dusty burning smell - nothing has burned through the seat, but when i put my hand on the seat, it stings from the heat in one specific place along the seam. The seat also has a hot dusty burning type smell. The passenger side does not.

    Off to the dealer I suppose............
    Sucks man. I still haven't taken mine to the dealer but since posting the seat no longer works, only the back gets warm.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

  13. #12
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,741
    I Support ClubWRX
    My seats get incredibly hot too. I just don't use them.

  14. #13
    Registered User irickchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    119
    #firstworldproblems

  15. #14
    Registered User SilverSemoWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jackson Missouri
    Posts
    137
    If it's too hot for you we can trade cars and you can have mine and you won't have to worry about your seat getting too hot!!!
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

    -I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.

  16. #15
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,643
    Heated seats made me feel like I peed myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •