Rock chips = DEATH - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rock chips = DEATH within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah I feel your pain. I understand that this car is meant to be driven and enjoyed. Which is exactly ...

Yeah I feel your pain. I understand that this car is meant to be driven and enjoyed. Which is exactly what I do, but I just can't seem to justify crappy ass paint on a $30,000 car. I've had new civic si and mustangs and that has never happened. I'm hoping the new paint and clear coat will hold up better than the OEM paint. I'm going out of town tomorrow but I'll be taking the car in for an estimate on Monday. They said the paint job could take 6-7 days. You already know I'm loading that valet mode when I drop it off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's a lot of construction on my commute and I now add a good 20 minutes to it by doing everything I can to skip driving through a work area. I can just hear my car getting dinged up. The fury builds with every sound of loose gravel lacerating my car. The chips resembles my 10 year old Jetta after only 1 year - same silver color too, so the comparison in quality is just too easy to see.

Let me know what they quote you, I'm curious.
    Not so much anymore.

Funny...my old 2003 Jetta GLI was rock-chipped to all hell. And it was Silver.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Silver 2003 GLS here, 1.8T - looked like someone tried to put it through a giant cheese grater.
    Not so much anymore.

Why do bits of road debris ALWAYS damage the windshield right in front of the drivers side? As for the paint issue, Subaru needs to remedy this problem, pronto.

I must say that my WRX's paint is chipping a lot less than my 08 SI's did.

Quote Originally Posted by USNGMG2 View Post
    Why do bits of road debris ALWAYS damage the windshield right in front of the drivers side? As for the paint issue, Subaru needs to remedy this problem, pronto.
    Go ahead...send them a letter or give em a call...I'm sure they will listen to you and adjust the paint immediately
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Hey Mikie13-

IDGAF
    Last edited by USNGMG2; 11-04-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Well then...
    Not so much anymore.

Ya yours isn't even bad mines worse. I finally protected the hood with matte 3m nothing for my bumper though. Lol you could always put a cleat 3 m like most people you instead of spending the paint money

Hey Mikie13- Nice avatar, a home movie of your first day of school.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-finger Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Nice job on that 2012 WRX Sedan, saw you on Rt38. Your work is a bit sloppy.
    stupidimg.jpg

Dude, what on Earth are you talking about?....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Mikie13-

Blah Blah Blah
    You need to recalibrate your sense of humor. Your post sounded like straight up trolling to me, and the image of a poop-like substance with wheels was gross (even if likely fake).

Consider this a formal warning - if you're trying to be funny you are not good at it. If you are trolling you will not last long.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

6 posts and he decides to try and make fun of teh mikie!? U mad bro?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    I too have an 08 with SSM. I've taken to wrapping it with bubble wrap. It beats paint chips, but I get looks.

But hey, it's better than rock chips, amirite?!

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Hey Mikie13-

IDGAF
    Cool story bro. Someone loses at the interwebz.

It is a pretty cool avatar though, isn't it? I'm actually less hairy now than I was in my first day of school.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast