CLICKING NOISE - HELP

This is a discussion on CLICKING NOISE - HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all...I have a 2011 WRX just purchased a month ago...22K miles. Only aftermarket mod is COBB intake (it has ...

CLICKING NOISE - HELP

Hi all...I have a 2011 WRX just purchased a month ago...22K miles. Only aftermarket mod is COBB intake (it has been tuned). Only thing I have "done" to the car is put a factory heat shield on the car that was missing.

Just started hearing clicking type noise...almost straining type of sound (not a grind or clank) upon acceleration. Also, only when depressing pedal when launching after shifting into a new gear. Almost sounds like coming from backseat under car. Sound is faint.

Any ideas? Sorry for vague description, but thought I would try. Car runs great otherwise.

Much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not very educated on cars so take this with a grain of salt, but I had a 04 2.5RS with a similar experience. The heat shield was loose and just needed to be tighten. It had rattled loose from getting on the car too much.... im sure someone else here will chime in with a more educated opinion. Good luck!

Thanks, that actually sounds like a possibility as it started shortly aftrt putting heat shield on car that was missing when I purchased. thanks for the response.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is your car under warranty? Make Subaru do the work.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Thanks, would if I could but no factory warranty (I do have CarMax warranty for major issues).

I drove car a few miles to replicate sound and try to pinpoint location...the sound happens only when depressing throttle/pedal quickly just after shifting into gear...sounds like a creak or rickety type of sound...but happens quick then stops and is not present as I accelerate in a particular gear. Could be suspension but not sure...heat shield is secure. Car runs great and is tight so it is confusing to say the least.

It's a 2011 WRX, with under 36k miles on it...it has a factory warranty. Unless maybe it is a Salvage vehicle or something?

Take it to the dealer.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    It's a 2011 WRX, with under 36k miles on it...it has a factory warranty. Unless maybe it is a Salvage vehicle or something?

Take it to the dealer.
    *With a tune. GG

It won't hurt to take it in, and hopefully they are mod-friendly.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang