Example of a bad turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Example of a bad turbo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Being this is my third failed turbo (my fault, not Subaru) I thought I would show you guys a video ...

Example of a bad turbo

Being this is my third failed turbo (my fault, not Subaru) I thought I would show you guys a video of what it normally looks like, since I see a lot of posts asking if it's my motor or just a bad turbo that's making my car smoke like this. This was a few months back with my cheap 18g turbo (still made it 20k miles).

Blownup WRX Turbo - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a similar situation goin on with my 02 bugeye.....cant tell what is cause of smoke, It also has a rough idle....pulled off intercooler and had oil inside turbo.....that's bad im assuming, also oil was all over inside of throttle outlet....Mods are Invidia up/downpipe, AEM cold air intake, and JMT TD-05H turbo.....I haven't been able to do injectors, fuel pump or EM yet.....I know about getting tuned just living on budget, I may go back to a stock turbo so I can salvage whats left, if theres any....I hope its just a bad turbo....

Dang Smokey! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by arcflash316 View Post
    I have a similar situation goin on with my 02 bugeye.....cant tell what is cause of smoke, It also has a rough idle....pulled off intercooler and had oil inside turbo.....that's bad im assuming, also oil was all over inside of throttle outlet....Mods are Invidia up/downpipe, AEM cold air intake, and JMT TD-05H turbo.....I haven't been able to do injectors, fuel pump or EM yet.....I know about getting tuned just living on budget, I may go back to a stock turbo so I can salvage whats left, if theres any....I hope its just a bad turbo....
    Thats sounds bad all the way around. Are you running a catless DP too? Good luck bro

ya its catless, I know I should have some form of EM, does this sound like turbo failure or could I have bigger issues on my hands....ie engine.....Ive got CEL but don't know any codes yet, its in my garage haven't taken it to a shop yet.....trying to see if I can identify problem before I go take it to someone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.