2013 WRX - What is happening to the weatherstripping in my door?

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX - What is happening to the weatherstripping in my door? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I opened my door the other day and noticed this happening. It is the drivers side door only. DAFUQ?...

2013 WRX - What is happening to the weatherstripping in my door?

I opened my door the other day and noticed this happening. It is the drivers side door only. DAFUQ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails weatherstripping.jpg  
    '14 SWP STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Idk looks like a simple abrasion. Does anything ver rub that spot when getting in and out... Like a coat, back pack etc?

The seal material could possibly be degraded by chemical. Has anything been used to clean either the seal or the opposing piece of door that may cause damage to the seal?

i would also imagine that the door closed on some material and then the material pulled through while the door is closed could cause that sort of abrasion.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I do wear a company jacket but the material is not harsh. I'll go get a new seal under warranty and be more careful getting in/out of the car. Really weird it wore through like that though.
    '14 SWP STI