2008 Impreza WRX, manual 5spd with navigation.
I am new to this forum, but my friend tells me you guys know it ALL relative to Subaru's ! I would appreciate any and all help you folks can provide.
WHAT I DID: I had the fly wheel resurfaced and the clutch and Pressure plate replaced this week.
PROBLEM: Now the car will not start!
* turning key to start does nothing.
* fuel pump does NOT come on.
* checked all fuses next to battery and under glove box and all are GOOD.
* mechanic checked the starter direct and the solenoid and motor engaged no problem.
* Temp override of clutch switch did not fix problem.
* tried the IG SW to "on" negative battery disconnect and reconnect thing i found on a forum and still NOTHING.
* no CEL's
* All alarm functions work, lock, unlock, panic. I set alarm and open drivers door and alarm went off just fine and reset with no problems.
WHAT I SEE: The "security" light on lower left center of dash is flashing when I activate the alarm and ALSO when I deactivate it. I have a sneaky suspicion that this is the key to my problem. I just do not know how to proceed from here.
PS: dealer help amounted to " have it towed to us and we will check it out for $199.00 and give you 10% off the repair bill" They were friendly but I can smell the bait!
This has me and the mechanic baffled. Please help me out