Question about ignition/door keys

This is a discussion on Question about ignition/door keys within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Good afternoon, I recently picked up an 04 Wrx wagon and the previous owner had only one key and the ...

Question about ignition/door keys

Good afternoon,
    I recently picked up an 04 Wrx wagon and the previous owner had only one key and the fob. The key works fine in the ignition but does not work in either door. The fob works the locks just fine, but if the fob stopped I would be unable to open the doors. And I don't have the key tag that would have come with the car originally.

Options?

Thanks in advance...

donovan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Go to a locksmith or a dealer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.