Anything I should buy immediately for my 14' ??

This is a discussion on Anything I should buy immediately for my 14' ?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was just wondering if there were any type of accessories or add on's that I should put ...

Anything I should buy immediately for my 14' ??

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there were any type of accessories or add on's that I should put on my 14' WRX immediately? Are there any known issues with these cars? I am completely brand new to Subaru's, so I just want to know if there are any preventative fixes I can do.

Thanks,
    Adrian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not really. Most guys who mod do so because they feel the stock form of the car lacks in some way, but not really due to defects.

The common issues that have popped up with this gen are:

Intake leaks developing at the throttle body to intercooler hose. Just pay attention to the sound of the engine, if you hear more wooshing that's most likely why.

Throwout bearings going bad. This will also be indicated by noise, a hissing sound when the clutch pedal is pressed down.

I think that's about it.

Oh, and Subaru paint sucks, so if you're a stickler for appearance, you may want to consider a clear bra or other paint protective products.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I was going to say clear bra as well. I don't have that year car, so I can't speak to it's defects. As far as improving things, most people upgrade the headunit and speakers. Window tint isn't a bad idea, your interior will be in better condition over the long run. The best preventative fix you can do is follow the sersvice manual to the T, and regularly inspect your tires to make sure they're wearing correctly and properly inflated. The subaru awd is kinda finicky with that stuff. But it's no big deal if you follow the service manual correctly.

And a good hard driving never hurt anything. Have fun with it

winter tires depending on where you live. unless you like skating around on the roads

If you would like to keep some of the paint on the side of your car for awhile, Mudflaps.

Let see if I can put all of them together.
    Cobb access port, up pipe. Down pipe, exhaust, intake, bigger turbo, tmic, mudflaps, clear bra, bigger rims, wider tires, front bumper lips, short throw shifter, bushings, coilovers, endlinks.
    That should do it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula156 View Post
    Let see if I can put all of them together.
    Cobb access port, up pipe. Down pipe, exhaust, intake, bigger turbo, tmic, mudflaps, clear bra, bigger rims, wider tires, front bumper lips, short throw shifter, bushings, coilovers, endlinks.
    That should do it for now.
    Oh, that's it? You sure there isn't anything else?!?!

Stupid double post.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianVall View Post
    Oh, that's it? You sure there isn't anything else?!?!
    Hahaha sorry man I had to do it
    You don't even need a clear bra just leave some space been you and the car in front of you and drive careful.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd agree with the winter tires. That is about all that is essential(if you live somewhere where you see low temps)
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.