Possible boost manipulation

This is a discussion on Possible boost manipulation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I just bought an 02 wrx turboed and i have been learning more and more possible problems so ...

Possible boost manipulation

Ok so I just bought an 02 wrx turboed and i have been learning more and more possible problems so what I came to find seems to be the previous owner had this car boosted high and/or tuned but when he sold it, he took the EM with it, But From what I read these lines shouldn't be hooked up like this??? Or could this be ok? The intake line is hooked to the bottom of the bs, And as you can see the wastegate hose has been hopped over to the turbo inlet vacuum nipple, The top vac hose from the bs is routed over the engine to the boost gauge which is tee'd off to other hoses, which that part seems correct, boost reads 0.3-0.4 bar at full boost. No mods other than uppipe and Perrin fuel rails and aem cold air intake without any EM, Is This safe?

Mobile Photobucket
    Mobile Photobucket

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It should look like this:
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks so much, Exactly what I was looking for, Mine is def not like that.