ATE super blue

This is a discussion on ATE super blue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone else here about this? Someone sent it to me...Interesting. Braking News: ATE Super Blue Deemed Illegal for US Distribution | Hooniverse...

I Support ClubWRX

ATE super blue

Anyone else here about this? Someone sent it to me...Interesting.

Braking News: ATE Super Blue Deemed Illegal for US Distribution | Hooniverse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a win-win for everyone involved.

The price of blue goes up; it remains available as off-road non-DOT fluid; people buy still buy it etc.

Even if it goes away entirely the yellow version will remain, and when new it's quite clear so it's not difficult to distinguish from older fluid in the lines.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Stupid DOT. I've been using the blue / amber system for some time.

It appears Tire Rack has already stopped selling the blue: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brand.jsp?brand=ATE
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 09-19-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, it will be "ATE Super Beige" only once supply runs out. At least the formula is the same, I love that stuff.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Just had a quick look - could not find blue anywhere.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

So, we've got red diesel for off-road use only and now blue brake fluid has been banned. Look out green coolant, you'll be the next to be outlawed.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Yeah I read about that last month when it first came about. How stupid is that? What the hell is a federal law out there mandating brake fluid be clear or amber, going to accomplish? Make sure nobody is using Smurf Blood as fluid or something?? Government is retarded sometimes (ok, most of the time).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying