Front Bumper Side Vent MIA

This is a discussion on Front Bumper Side Vent MIA within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Came home Friday to discover this was missing. My girlfriend found it funny but i did not. I actually scrapped ...

Front Bumper Side Vent MIA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130913_172035_178.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	116235

Came home Friday to discover this was missing. My girlfriend found it funny but i did not. I actually scrapped the bottom of my front bumper on a driveway not long ago. I'm guessing that must have loosened the vent. I order a replacement but I've noticed they are all primed and you can't buy any painted. Lucky for me I actually bought paint to fix the bumper incident so I won't have to bother buying anymore. My question is has anyone lost their side vents? Is it common for them to fall out? I checked the other one and it seemed secure but i doubt it would take a lot of effort to remove. Also i looked only for a cheaper replacement than the unpainted OEM and all I came across was some carbon fiber ones of the Ebay variety for 100+ dollars. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative?

Also a little before and after with my bumper fix. I still need to wet-sand the line out of the paint but overall i think it turned out good. From a distance its not noticeable and once the line is gone it should look like nothing happened.

Name:	IMG_20130827_115303_925.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	116236

Name:	IMG_20130907_150907_572.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	116237

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Our resident BrazilNut also lost her side vent not too long ago.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

You are not the first person I've heard of losing it...and you certainly won't be the last...

Your little repair job looks pretty good! Yeah there's a line there, but the color looks pretty well matched, which is all that matters. Even in the close up, its no that noticeable.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your little repair job looks pretty good! Yeah there's a line there, but the color looks pretty well matched, which is all that matters. Even in the close up, its no that noticeable.
    Thanks, I haven't had the car for very long so that scrape really bothered me. Whenever this new side vent arrives i might experience with a better way to secure it than those factory clips.

I did the same exact thing except I hit a raised manhole. Cracked the bumper underneath too. Im going to do what you did and order the vent then spray paint it. I need a few clips as well.

Quote Originally Posted by psosniak View Post
    I did the same exact thing except I hit a raised manhole. Cracked the bumper underneath too. Im going to do what you did and order the vent then spray paint it. I need a few clips as well.
    I hit a raised manhole as well the first week I had my car and cracked my lip. Needless to say I was aggitated.

I will say the color came out pretty close and I'm happy with the final result. Unless your a few feet away and down on the ground you can't even tell anything happened.

This is how mine looks now

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	132146
    Quote Originally Posted by aj_cemprola View Post
    I will say the color came out pretty close and I'm happy with the final result. Unless your a few feet away and down on the ground you can't even tell anything happened.

Damn iphone posted upside down