About to do first fill up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on About to do first fill up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just received delivery of my 2009 wrx hatch. has 79000 kms. I have a good long 8 hour drive ...

About to do first fill up

I just received delivery of my 2009 wrx hatch. has 79000 kms. I have a good long 8 hour drive to get it home. My question is in regards to fuel and fuel system cleaners. In my trucks i used to drive i would use a fuel system or injector cleaners that you add to your fuel. Now this is my first turbo motor so I am wondering is it still a good Idea to use these fuel system and injector cleaners. I would use one on every other fill up. I know they have additives that if you use on consecutive gas fill ups can cause more bad than good as the additives can breakdown stuff. Can someone please help me with this. I really have no idea how well the other owner took care of this care. It looks very clean and well maintained. But as to what type of fuel they used i dont know. And it is nearing its 80000 milestone and know that i am taking over I wanna know the better way to maintain these cars in regards to which brands of gas are better, And what people use for gas additives to help clean and maintain your cars internals. I really need a answer asap as i am about to embark on my first long drive with this car and want to start off to the best possible start I can. Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those things are all bs and don't do anything. Save your money.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    A can of Seafoam may not be the worst idea in the world. Use some as a top-end cleaner, and put a little in the gas tank as injector cleaner. I typically do the Seafoam treatment every 30K miles.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Not necessary every other fill up. Maybe every now and then like EJ said.

I will throw one (fuel injector cleaner) in today for my first fill up. As i Stated, I really spent all my money on this baby and the warranty. So i wanna do as much preventative maintenance as i can. I would like this car to run nice and smooth as it does now.
    Should i use the 94 oct, or is 91 good enough.
    Thanks for the quick replies!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwickbill
    I will throw one (fuel injector cleaner) in today for my first fill up. As i Stated, I really spent all my money on this baby and the warranty. So i wanna do as much preventative maintenance as i can. I would like this car to run nice and smooth as it does now.
    Should i use the 94 oct, or is 91 good enough.
    Thanks for the quick replies!
    I would use 94, if available.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Right on. Get wait to get on the road
    @EJ257 Hilarious avatar, too funny, Hes just hammering it, lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.