Extremely Confused - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Extremely Confused within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I already have a tial mv-s ewg and yes i did feel that sudden lack of power. I was shifting ...

I already have a tial mv-s ewg and yes i did feel that sudden lack of power. I was shifting hard from 3rd to 4th. Target boost is 18.5 psi, but, at the time the AP read 19.8 psi when it happened. I dont have access to adjust the cycle myself and if i do idk how. Im new to subarus and i bought the car with all my mods on and tuned already. I cleared the code and reflashed the ecu with the same tune. Can this have anything to do with my wastegate spring at all?
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX View Post
    Can this have anything to do with my wastegate spring at all?

I suppose anything's possible, but it's not likely.

What is the more optimal solution to fix/avoid this problem again? Is there a possibility of this happening again if i push harder even the slightest bit. Im a very spirited driver and i wouldnt want this to be a reoccurring thing everytime i wanna have alittle fun.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX View Post
    What is the more optimal solution to fix/avoid this problem again?

Retune the car.. that's by far the best solution for overboost when it's not caused by a mechanical problem. A competent tuner should be able to fix the problem in less than 5 minutes if you can show them a log of the event. Although it seems a little odd that it would overboost at the top of 3rd. Usually overboost like you're describing will occur if you floor the car from low rpm in a higher gear, like 4th or 5th (which you just shouldn't be doing anyways).

[QUOTE=MainFrame;3146826]Retune the car.. that's by far the best solution for overboost when it's not caused by a mechanical problem. A competent tuner should be able to fix the problem in less than 5 minutes if you can show them a log of the event. Although it seems a little odd that it would overboost at the top of 3rd. Usually overboost like you're describing will occur if you floor the car from low rpm in a higher gear, like 4th or 5th (which you just shouldn't be doing anyways.)

Mechanically everything is sound, unless the first incident cause unknown damage. But i was running some logs and i did notice that flooring it from low rpm to high in fourth does cause the issue. I felt the car about to cut again but i released the gas and when i viewed the log, target boost is 18.5 and i hit 19.8 several times. And my last question is what is considered overboost, more than 2 psi over target? Idk what my limit is but since the cold weatherweather came in its been a more frequent occurance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12