Extremely Confused - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Extremely Confused within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I already have a tial mv-s ewg and yes i did feel that sudden lack of power. I was shifting ...

I already have a tial mv-s ewg and yes i did feel that sudden lack of power. I was shifting hard from 3rd to 4th. Target boost is 18.5 psi, but, at the time the AP read 19.8 psi when it happened. I dont have access to adjust the cycle myself and if i do idk how. Im new to subarus and i bought the car with all my mods on and tuned already. I cleared the code and reflashed the ecu with the same tune. Can this have anything to do with my wastegate spring at all?
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. FMS tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Maddad Turboback. Tial mv-s ewg. Perrin Recirc Valve. Grimmspeed ebcs, crank pulley, and up-pipe. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. ACT HD clutch w/ lightweight flywheel. StopTech Club Kit ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r. Perrin front endlinks. Drag DR31 wheels 18x9 +15 offset. Nitto NeoGENS UHP all-seasons. Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX View Post
    Can this have anything to do with my wastegate spring at all?

I suppose anything's possible, but it's not likely.

What is the more optimal solution to fix/avoid this problem again? Is there a possibility of this happening again if i push harder even the slightest bit. Im a very spirited driver and i wouldnt want this to be a reoccurring thing everytime i wanna have alittle fun.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. FMS tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Maddad Turboback. Tial mv-s ewg. Perrin Recirc Valve. Grimmspeed ebcs, crank pulley, and up-pipe. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. ACT HD clutch w/ lightweight flywheel. StopTech Club Kit ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r. Perrin front endlinks. Drag DR31 wheels 18x9 +15 offset. Nitto NeoGENS UHP all-seasons. Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX View Post
    What is the more optimal solution to fix/avoid this problem again?

Retune the car.. that's by far the best solution for overboost when it's not caused by a mechanical problem. A competent tuner should be able to fix the problem in less than 5 minutes if you can show them a log of the event. Although it seems a little odd that it would overboost at the top of 3rd. Usually overboost like you're describing will occur if you floor the car from low rpm in a higher gear, like 4th or 5th (which you just shouldn't be doing anyways).

[QUOTE=MainFrame;3146826]Retune the car.. that's by far the best solution for overboost when it's not caused by a mechanical problem. A competent tuner should be able to fix the problem in less than 5 minutes if you can show them a log of the event. Although it seems a little odd that it would overboost at the top of 3rd. Usually overboost like you're describing will occur if you floor the car from low rpm in a higher gear, like 4th or 5th (which you just shouldn't be doing anyways.)

Mechanically everything is sound, unless the first incident cause unknown damage. But i was running some logs and i did notice that flooring it from low rpm to high in fourth does cause the issue. I felt the car about to cut again but i released the gas and when i viewed the log, target boost is 18.5 and i hit 19.8 several times. And my last question is what is considered overboost, more than 2 psi over target? Idk what my limit is but since the cold weatherweather came in its been a more frequent occurance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.