OIL FILTER - 06 sti

This is a discussion on OIL FILTER - 06 sti within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my first oil change since i got my baby, i went to valvoline and got the synthetic ...

OIL FILTER - 06 sti

I just got my first oil change since i got my baby, i went to valvoline and got the synthetic maxlife. They also put their valvoline oil filter on which im worrying about. Ive red that you need the subaru filter or else it would leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where did you read that?

You don't mean the opposite though right? There were SOA filters recalled for leaks.

Valvoline makes filters? I doubt it. Wonder who the maker is.

I'm not worried.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

OIL FILTER - 06 sti

Sorry could you point me to the part where someone shows a Valvoline filter leaks?

Actually, never mind. Does your filter leak?

You've not asked it a more reasonable worry might be the crush washer. Does your crush washer leak?

That will put your mind at rest since its more pragmatic.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    All oil filters are designed to retain oil. If it leaks, it is defective or not the proper filter and you should have something done about it like drive it back to the store and say, "The oil filter you put on here leaks, I would like a new one." *Shows them the leaking oil filter.

Why don't you look under your car and see if it's leaking? If it's not, don't worry about it. You'll be fine with almost any brand oil filter.

Like i said i havent experienced any leaks i had valvoline install the filter today and ive read some threads on random forums saying its better to run the oem filter i will look for them!

I Support ClubWRX
    The crush washer is more likely to leak than the filter.

If you are concerned next time buy a crush washer and filter.