13 wrx misfire issue...strange fix

This is a discussion on 13 wrx misfire issue...strange fix within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So in my 13 for the past month or so I have had a rough idle/misfire like issue. The weird ...

13 wrx misfire issue...strange fix

So in my 13 for the past month or so I have had a rough idle/misfire like issue. The weird thing about it was that it didn't happen all the time. It stopped doing it for awhile until this past Saturday when the engine light came on for a P0300. I cleared the code since the dealer was closed and drove. I ran the tank down low thinking it may have been a bad mix of gas. I filled up yesterday and the car felt fine. Consisten WOT pulls and everything. Until today..I get out of class, start my car and it is idling crappy as hell. Then as I'm pulling out, the engine light comes on. I thought perfect. So I went to the Subie dealership and let them check it out for the second time for this issue.

Tech scanned it and the miss was jumping between all 4 cylinders!! Weird huh?

So he comes out and talks to me for a bit. He mentions that there is a ground wire that splits into 4 separate wires and there has been issues of the connection coming loose. I thought, well, an electrical issue would make sense since it doesn't do it all the time. He peeled back the wrapping and dropped some solder on the connection and what do you know...The miss is gone and it is smooth as hell.

Just wanted to share this with anyone who may have the same odd miss issue with their 08+ WRX or STi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Interesting. Seems like some of these kinds of issues have come up recently too.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Interesting is right!!!

Originally I thought that maybe it was one of the common vacuum leaks. When I took it in before they showed that vacuum was fine. No leaks. And, that the 13 computer has advancements over the 12 model year that will set an engine light the minute there is a vac leak..Now, idk how much of a bull**** line that is or it could be true. But I really was not happy and I was relieved when the engine light came on.

This is the section of harness that the wires are located in...

Good to know, as a 2013 WRX owner (5K). Will file that one for sure. Thanks
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I'm having the exact same idle issues on my '13, but I haven't thrown a light yet (2300 miles on the clock). Maybe when I swing by the dealership for my first oil change I'll have them check this. Thanks!
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang