2002 wrx wont start ( might be more then starter )

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx wont start ( might be more then starter ) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Need help Asap ( Lonely subaru in a parking lot in a bad area ) Alright so i have a ...

2002 wrx wont start ( might be more then starter )

Need help Asap ( Lonely subaru in a parking lot in a bad area )

Alright so i have a 2002 subaru wrx that i recently just did the clutch on. 200 miles ago ( no bolts left behind ;] ) . 9/7/13 i left my key on and it drained the battery a little so it had a hard time starting up but it started. i drove around a bunch from school to home etc.
    This morning 9/9/2013 i go to start my car and nothing ( no click nothing ). hit starter a bunch of times and nothing. So i had rolled backwards down my driveways and did the old pop the clutch trick and went to school. had class came out no luck with car got a friend to push me to start it up . I got the car home and turned it off and tried to turn it on and it worked ( ofc ). went back out to staples , started up fine, after staples started up fine . got back about 1 hour later went to start car and it started. Got to my destination turned off car, and then turned it back on just to see and it worked. i come back 15 mins later and it wouldnt start . It just kept clicking and clicking . i tried to mess with the battery connections made sure they were tight , thought it was the clutch switch but nope . as im trying to start it im messing with all of this ( disconnecting battery, rolled car forward a little) then i try to start it and it starts to click but ( usually it only clicks once and it doesnt start ) this time it started clicking more then once on one key turn.

So i left it in the parking lot .

What really confuses me is that this just started happening yesterday so that means if its the starter it went from good, bad ,broken in less then 2 days.

My thoughts are
    1.the battery is too low to start car but enough to power everything and try to start it.
    2. Dead starter
    3. Bad Connections
    4. Bad starter connections/relay / ground
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds exactly like a dead battery to me.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Sounds like a dead battery to me too.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Or the alternator isn't charging the battery. He said he drove it to school and home. Depending how how far school is from his house that could be an issue.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since there is not BATT light on suspect alternator works, therefore look at battery itself or starter connections. Battery higher on list. Least guess is starter solenoid personally. I'd go battery.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Since there is not BATT light on suspect alternator works, therefore look at battery itself or starter connections. Battery higher on list. Least guess is starter solenoid personally. I'd go battery.
    I've seen plenty of alternators fail without the BATT light coming on. OP, drive your car to Auto Zone or other parts store and have them test your starting system and battery for you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Sure sounds like a battery. How are the headlights when running off alternator, and with load. Have seen the old candle look with alternator going. With that said take Drews advice and get it tested.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker