ABS/E-brake light on. No diagnosis connector.

This is a discussion on ABS/E-brake light on. No diagnosis connector. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have a 2005 wrx. Automatic. Got into a accident. replaced everything that needed to be replaced etc etc. ...

ABS/E-brake light on. No diagnosis connector.

So i have a 2005 wrx. Automatic.

Got into a accident. replaced everything that needed to be replaced etc etc.
    EDIT: Forgot to say i was hit on the passenger front frame rail.

Ever since the accident i have had the ebrake/ABS light combo on. I searched through all the diagnosis connector threads. I have searched under my dashboard for hours on end. All i could find were the 2 black/red pinned wires that were taped up with the grey subaru monitor serial port.

I dont have the 6 pin black connector it appears.

I also brought it to the dealership, and after 4 hours i went back and the tech told me he hooked up the subaru select monitor and the usual OBD port scanners and neither of them would let him in to the system to read the codes to find out what is wrong.

Today i also checked through all the ABS/Brake fuses/relays/connectors and everything was good. nothing blown.
    Also checked the front passenger ABS sensor and everything was intact as far as i could see. Took it out and cleaned it lightly with a microfiber.

I am losing my mind trying to figure out this problem. I have searched through every wire loom and looked at every connector to no avail.

If anyone has any tips or input as to what the problem could be please let me know. If there is another secret connector for the Auto wrx's or if there is a module underneath the dashboard i can replace.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    So i have a 2005 wrx. Automatic.

Got into a accident. replaced everything that needed to be replaced etc etc.
    EDIT: Forgot to say i was hit on the passenger front frame rail.

Ever since the accident i have had the ebrake/ABS light combo on. I searched through all the diagnosis connector threads. I have searched under my dashboard for hours on end. All i could find were the 2 black/red pinned wires that were taped up with the grey subaru monitor serial port.

I dont have the 6 pin black connector it appears.

I also brought it to the dealership, and after 4 hours i went back and the tech told me he hooked up the subaru select monitor and the usual OBD port scanners and neither of them would let him in to the system to read the codes to find out what is wrong.

Today i also checked through all the ABS/Brake fuses/relays/connectors and everything was good. nothing blown.
    Also checked the front passenger ABS sensor and everything was intact as far as i could see. Took it out and cleaned it lightly with a microfiber.

I am losing my mind trying to figure out this problem. I have searched through every wire loom and looked at every connector to no avail.

If anyone has any tips or input as to what the problem could be please let me know. If there is another secret connector for the Auto wrx's or if there is a module underneath the dashboard i can replace.

did you figure anything out on this? I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago and im having the brake light and the abs light on as well. I was hit in the same spot and the only difference is mine is a 2006 wrx 5 speed