60k replacement plugs

This is a discussion on 60k replacement plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. I've tried a search for my question, but didn't turn anything up. I'm running a stage 1 TP ...

60k replacement plugs

Hey all. I've tried a search for my question, but didn't turn anything up. I'm running a stage 1 TP tune and am approaching the 60k mile service. I'd like to replace my plugs and am unsure if NGK Iridium 1-step colder plugs are a good fit. Beyond the tune, I've only got a K&N filter, but plan on going stage 2 after the winter. I enjoy pretty spirited driving - I'm lucky to have great canyons and forest service trails in my area, and charge the passes every weekend to go skiing.

In my current configuration, will it be safe running lower temp plugs? I'm sure it will be fine once I go stage 2, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

I will be replacing the gear/diff fluids again (kind of a pain), and ordered Stoptech rotors, pads, and lines, and new Motul fluids. Obviously changing oil. Anything else I'm missing? I've been following this schedule and it looks like I've covered it all.

TL/DR; Can I run NGK 1 step colder plugs with a stage 1 tune with frequent aggressive driving?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    For stage 2, one step colder plugs are definitely fine. But not totally necessary. So, I really wouldn't see one step colder plugs to be optimal for stage 1.

Just a quick search...See post #5.
    One-Step Colder Spark Plugs...without a tune?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    For stage 2, one step colder plugs are definitely fine. But not totally necessary. So, I really wouldn't see one step colder plugs to be optimal for stage 1.

Just a quick search...See post #5.
    One-Step Colder Spark Plugs...without a tune?
    I read the post you linked to, but I have a tune. I ended up talking with the tuner who will be handling stage 2 for input, and it doesn't seem like it matters too much either way, even at stage 2+. I think I'll stick with platinums.