My New Subie Is Smokin!! HELP PLEASE
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My New Subie Is Smokin!! HELP PLEASE within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whats up guys im kinda worried my sti has something wrong with it. Yesterday i went for a drive and ...

My New Subie Is Smokin!! HELP PLEASE

Whats up guys im kinda worried my sti has something wrong with it. Yesterday i went for a drive and did a couple pulls, shifting at 5.5k. When i pull up in my driveway i see some white smoke coming out of the right side of my hood. i popped it the smoke seemed like it was coming from the turbo area. It was really hard to tell where it was coming from it couldve been anything around my turbo. Anyways my cars got 130k on it, completely stock. I just bought the car from a dealer where they had it inspected at a local subaru dealership so why is this happening to me? Thanks guys looking forward to what answers are ahead

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Find the fluid and leak. Either coolant, oil, or more rarely steering fluid. Find out which and why.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i def will check my fluids. If my fluids are good do think my turbo is going bad? Im also worried about my pistons, not that my engine has acted up but because i have 130k on my sti and i will be getting a compression and leak down test soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    A motor that fails at only 130K has had bad maintenance, bad luck, or bad design.

The turbo receives both oil and coolant. The supply and return are more likely to fail than the unit itself.

First find the leak. Use a flashlight and mirror if needed. Look for moisture or residue.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User heinskits Velvet's Avatar
    Check your axle boot under the turbo, mine went bad and was slinging grease onto the exhaust....good luck

Does it smell sweet like coolant?
    Or does it smell like oil burning?

Quote Originally Posted by heinskits Velvet View Post
    Check your axle boot under the turbo, mine went bad and was slinging grease onto the exhaust....good luck
    My first guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Find the fluid and leak. Either coolant, oil, or more rarely steering fluid. Find out which and why.
    Second guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.