Squeak in the rear end on a 2012 Subaru WRX hatchback

This is a discussion on Squeak in the rear end on a 2012 Subaru WRX hatchback within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was going through a drive through recently after a long trip and when I stopped I noticed a squeak. ...

Squeak in the rear end on a 2012 Subaru WRX hatchback

I was going through a drive through recently after a long trip and when I stopped I noticed a squeak. The sound is coming from the back end so I got out and pushed up and down on the back end to see if it's some suspension, but didn't hear anything. I could only reproduce the noise by coming to a complete stop. Got about 28,000 miles on it and everything stock in the area of the squeak besides an axle back exhaust. The issues has been happening the past week.

It sounds like a bushing needs to be greased in the rear end, but would like to get your thoughts? Also will be taking the car to the dealer for other issues as well so I'll have this looked at as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a 2008 hatch and it also developed an annoying squeak in the back. I had just over 20K miles on it. It took me 3 months to figure out that it was the spare tire/jack rubbing under the floor.
    I was able to simulate it by pushing on them and it sounded identical. I ended up just moving things around randomly and the problem was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I had a 2008 hatch and it also developed an annoying squeak in the back. I had just over 20K miles on it. It took me 3 months to figure out that it was the spare tire/jack rubbing under the floor.
    I was able to simulate it by pushing on them and it sounded identical. I ended up just moving things around randomly and the problem was gone.
    Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Sounds like my sound is coming from outside the car. Can't hear it well when I have the windows rolled up.

What kind of exhaust do you have? Stock? I had the SPT exhaust and it had a funky bend down under the rear axle that rubbed sometimes as well. That was fixed easily too. Hopefully it's just something minor like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    What kind of exhaust do you have? Stock? I had the SPT exhaust and it had a funky bend down under the rear axle that rubbed sometimes as well. That was fixed easily too. Hopefully it's just something minor like that.
    I have a Nameless Axel Back exhaust with the stock bushings.