Radiator Issues :(

This is a discussion on Radiator Issues :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, totally new to this site and just bought my first subaru. I have a 1999 impreza wrx wagon, ...

Red face Radiator Issues :(

Hi guys, totally new to this site and just bought my first subaru. I
    have a 1999 impreza wrx wagon, a few days ago my radiator cracked so i
    bought one online and it has just arrived, However on my old one i have a filler neck on top, and the new one that has arrived has no filler neck.

everything else all seems to line up, hoses etc but just wondering if this will still be ok or have they been updated etc since the old one.

only one pipe has no where to go, the small overflow pipe that comes from top of coolant bottle to radiator. i'm wondering if i can just hook this up onto one of the pipes that goes into the reservoir.

any help would be great thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can T the overflow pipes together. Overflow pipes are not connected to the pressurized side of the system. You need an overflow where you have a cap.

I thought the rads all had caps now. What brand is the new rad?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.