Subaru WRX Forum banner

brown coolant?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Foof247 
#1 ·
My coolant keeps turning brown but no oil in it. What could be causing it? I flushed it about 4 times but it keeps turning brown. At the bottom when I drain is this red liquid that comes out. Once again, it's not oil. what could cause that?

07 Wrx 100k miles

#3 ·
Red? Is you car a automatic? Tranny fluid from the cooler in the radiator maybe. Be low at the dip stick and tranny fluid show a slight pink haze if so.

Really hope your car is a manual!

#11 ·
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I did an engine block test with that engine block test liquid to check for exhaust or combustion fumes in the coolant system. It stayed blue the whole time. Better news its not oil, I used distilles water and its not separating.
Further investigation shows, my coolant system is clogged up with bars leak. An abnormal amount. The only people who have touched this car are my mechanic and myself. I would never use a quick fix tool or anything as such to get around any problem. I never had a problem the car is still
healthy. Now the only other person to touch my car is my mechanic at a performance shop. Hmmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.