2005 WRX Prodrive boost only 0,5bar/ 7 psi

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX Prodrive boost only 0,5bar/ 7 psi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, sorry for my English Since yesterday my 2005 WRX with Prodrive boost only 0,5bar = 7psi and feels alot ...

2005 WRX Prodrive boost only 0,5bar/ 7 psi

Hi, sorry for my English

Since yesterday my 2005 WRX with Prodrive boost only 0,5bar = 7psi and feels alot slower then normal.
    The car is completely stock and the normal boost is 1bar = +- 14 psi or a bit more.

No error lights and the hoses looks fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It seems that you're only seeing the boost pressure that the waste gate actuator spring allows- this means that there is a boost control problem (I assume that the prodrive car uses the same boost control scheme as the stock car):

WTF Tuning Part 2: The Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control

Perhaps the boost control solenoid is not functioning properly (it needs to actively bleed pressure from the system to allow it to build boost, or else you're stuck at or below spring pressure boost). Since you've not seen any CEL's, I don't think that the car is in a limp mode limiting boost, and you've already checked the hoses.
    Last edited by Obeisance; 08-17-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I was maxed out at 7-8ish for some time too. Turns out it was the boost control solenoid, we replaced it and now everything's lovely. Wishing you an easy fix!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!