catalyst efficiency code?

This is a discussion on catalyst efficiency code? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm sure this has been asked before and i apologize, i am just in need of a quick response. My ...

catalyst efficiency code?

I'm sure this has been asked before and i apologize, i am just in need of a quick response. My 2002 Wrx is throwing the P0420 Catalyst efficiency code. I have been told that it is most likely the rear o2 sensor. I called my local autoparts store and they have one but it needs to be ordered and its 87 dollars but they also have a 50 dollar universal fit o2 sensor. My question, will i be okay using this o2 sensor? I know its not OEM and i am also not sure who manufactures it, but will i be okay to go ahead and purchase this sensor and then buy an OEM one alittle later on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Didn't someone here not too long ago bought a "universal fit" one and it didn't fit and they just ended up going to the dealership for an OEM part?